San Choy Bau Recipe
How to Make San Choy Bau
- Heat a wok over a medium-high heat until hot and spray with olive oil spray.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion and stir-fry for up to 1 minute. Increase heat and add pork mince.
- Cook the mince for approx. 4 mins, breaking up any chunks (or until changed colour and most of the moisture has evaporated).
- Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for 3–4 mins or until the vegetables have softened. Then add soy sauce*, bean sprouts and lime juice. Stir fry mixture until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with the peanuts and coriander as garnish to serve.
- Serve immediately.
*Tip: if you prefer to use something other than a soy sauce reduction you can use Kecap Manis sauce.