Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato Recipe
How to Make Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato
- Prepare chickpeas first, as this requires a higher oven temperature. Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan forced ovens). Rinse and drain chickpeas and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spread onto baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden and crunchy. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temp to 170°C (or 150°C for fan forced oven). Fry up the prosciutto slices until crispy. Remove and dice.
- Place sweet potatoes onto baking tray lined with baking paper. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Bake for approximately 1 hour (cooking time may vary due to the size of sweet potato). Test with a knife that the potato is cooked/soft and remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut open across the top length. Add the grated cheese evenly between the 2 potatoes and place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove and then add chickpeas, prosciutto, baby spinach leaves and shallots. Drizzle over the top with olive oil, place a dollop of sour cream on and season with cracked pepper and salt.
- Serve immediately.
RECIPE: Courtesy Kelly, ALDI Test Kitchen