Thai Mushroom & Chicken Meatballs Recipe
How to Make Thai Mushroom and Chicken Meatballs
- Finely chop mushrooms by hand or alternatively pulse finely in a food processor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Drain any excess moisture and transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Clean and cut 2 roots from coriander. Place roots into food processor and add shallots and 1 cup coriander leaves. Pulse finely.
- Add coriander mixture, mince, curry paste, egg and breadcrumbs to the mushrooms. Mix until well combined. Place onto a tray, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour if time permits (it helps to hold the meatballs together when cooking).
- Heat remaining oil in large, non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, shaking pan often, for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with lettuce leaf cups, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.
Recipe: Courtesy of Australian Mushrooms