Trio Cheese Croque Monsieur Recipe
How to Make Trio Cheese Croque Monsieur
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes without letting the mixture brown.
- Add the milk and grated smoked cheese. Turn heat to low and stir until combined and thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 160°C (or 140°C for fan forced oven).
- Spread dijon mustard thinly on half of the sourdough slices and place the ham and remaining cheese on top of those slices.
- Cover remaining bread slices with cheese sauce.
- Place on a baking tray and bake the bread – cheese side up – cooking until golden and bubbling. Stack bread slices on top of each other into 2 sandwiches and garnish with the gherkins and chives.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen