Easy Tomato Chutney Recipe
How to Make an Easy Tomato Chutney
- Core and dice tomatoes. Peel and dice onions.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Add paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Add vinegar and sugar. Add chilli, if using. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and check seasoning. Continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Cool tomato chutney in pan. Then store in clean airtight jars.
TIP: Tomato Chutney will keep in fridge for 3-4 weeks.
OPTION: For a herbal hit, add a couple of sprigs of rosemary to simmering chutney.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen