Mexican Sweet Potato, Corn and Bean Salad Recipe
How to Make Mexican Sweet Potato, Corn and Bean Salad
- Preheat oven to 240°C (or 220°C fan-forced). Cut the sweet potatoes in half crossways then into wedges lengthways. Place onto a large, greased baking tray. Drizzle with oil and spinkle over the fajita seasoning. Turn to coat.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 20 minutes. Turning once, until golden and tender. Once cooked, remove from oven and set aside.
- To make dressing, combine lime juice, caster sugar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a bowl, (if using chopped jalapeños add them now to this mixture). Season then whisk until well combined. Remove 1 tablespoon of this mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, cook corn on a greased barbeque grill plate (or a griddle frypan) turning occaisionally, for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove to a board, cut kernels from cobs.
- Add the corn, blackbeans, tomato, avocado and onion to the dressing and stir to combine.
- Spoon corn mixture over the roasted sweet potatoes. Pour over the reserved dressing. Toss gently to combine and scatter with coriander leaves.
Recipe: Courtesy of Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited