Spicy Fish Bites Recipe
How to Make Spicy Fish Bites
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper then cut into large chunks. You should get approximately 25 pieces.
- Set up your crumbing station. Place the taco seasoning into a shallow tray. Place the eggs into a bowl. Put the panko bread crumbs in another tray with the chopped parsley and a little salt, then stir to combine.
- Dredge the fish pieces in the taco seasoning, shaking to remove any excess. Dip into the beaten egg then the bread crumbs and gently turn until well coated.
- Place on a tray in a single layer and repeat with all of the fish pieces.
- Set a pan of vegetable oil over a medium-high heat and cook the fish in batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Place on a serving plate and season with salt and black pepper. Scatter over a handful of coriander leaves and lime wedges and serve.
Tip: For a spicier version, try adding some dried red chilli flakes to the panko crumbs. And for a super hot option, add some ground chilli powder to the taco seasoning.