Peach and Prosciutto Pancake Tacos Recipes
How to make Peach and Prosciutto Pancake Tacos
- Make the pancake batter first. Whisk egg, vanilla extract, milk and melted butter in a jug. Set aside.
- Sift flour into a medium-sized bowl and stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre and add egg mixture. Whisk until just combined and set aside.
- Place cream in a separate and large mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters until slightly thickened. Add icing mixture and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Place in fridge.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat the base of the pan.
- Using ¼ cup of mixture per pancake, cook 3 pancakes for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 10 pancakes.
- Cut the peaches into wedges and sprinkle with brown sugar. Reheat the frying pan and cook the peaches over high heat, 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Cook the prosciutto in the same pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until crisp. Break into shards.
- Fold one of the pancakes into a taco shape and place on a serving platter. Prop up the ‘taco’ using 2 glasses on each side to keep its shape. Repeat with remaining pancakes, using the tacos to support each other.
- Fill each taco with cream and top with caramelised peaches and crisp prosciutto. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, if using.