Roasted Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
How to Make Roasted Strawberry Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make the roasted strawberry puree first. Rinse strawberries, remove the hulls and cut into halves. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the strawberries and toss to coat. Spread the strawberries evenly on the tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, toss, then bake another 10 minutes. Let the strawberries cool for about 15 minutes then purée them with a stick blender or food processor.
- Reserve half the purée for the cupcake batter and half for the icing.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to packet directions. Once the batter is made, swirl though the strawberry purée and fill cupcake tins with the batter.
- Bake vanilla cupcakes according to packet directions and once baked, cool completely.
- To make the roasted strawberry icing. Using a stand or hand mixer, blend butter and icing mixture together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, milk and salt and continue blending until incorporated.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add the purée until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish each cupcake with a fresh strawberry slice.