Tomato Tart Recipe
How to Make a Tomato Tart
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Remove pastry from freezer and allow to thaw.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthways and place in a mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, except the egg, to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. You will need to add a little more width to each side of the pastry sheet.
- Cut one of your pastry sheets into 4 even strips. Overlapping by about 1cm, lay one piece onto each side of the second pastry sheet. You can dip your finger in water and use it as a glue to join the pieces of pastry together. Press down with fingers to seal.
- Roughly roll up the sides of pastry until you have a circular shape with a diameter of roughly 25cm. Not all sides will have an even thickness, which is expected.
- Carefully place pastry onto the baking tray and add the tomatoes to the centre of the tart, using your fingers to sort them into a semi-arranged pattern.
- Brush the egg over the sides of the pastry. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and tomatoes are starting to caramelise.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.