Zucchini, Orange and Almond Bundt Cake Recipe
How to make Zucchini, Orange and Almond Bundt Cake
- Wash then add the oranges into a saucepan of water. Simmer for one hour. Remove from the water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Cut the oranges in half and remove any visible pips. Roughly chop the oranges – pith, skin and all – then blitz in a small blender until smooth. Place the puréed orange into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the zucchini onto a clean tea towel, then wrap it up to wring it dry. Separate out the grated pieces loosely, with a fork.
- Add the zucchini to the orange, along with the eggs, sugar, almond meal and baking powder. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into a well-greased, 1.25 litre bundt tin.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a cake stand or plate.
- To finish, whisk the icing mixture with enough orange juice to make it thick but runny. Pour onto the cake and top with the orange zest, blackberries and sugared rosemary.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.
Tip: To make sugared rosemary, simply dip rosemary sprigs into lightly whisked egg whites or a thin, cooled sugar syrup. Shake to remove excess, then roll in a bowl of caster sugar. Place onto a tray to dry for at least an hour.
Optional: You could substitute the blueberries for blackberries, or with slices of dried or candied orange.