You, and your community, are ALDI priorities
Here at ALDI we have a commitment to operating responsibly. This means we are constantly working to improve the way we operate to benefit our employees, our customers, our local communities and our planet.
When you visit an ALDI store, you can expect more than award-winning products at the lowest prices. You can expect an increasing number of healthy options, responsibly sourced products and a commitment to reducing our impact on the environment. It’s our dedication to providing value for money without compromising on our values that makes us Good Different.
We know actions speak louder than words, and since we launched in Australia in 2001 we’re proud to have taken some key steps to stay true to our beliefs:
- We power all our operations with 100% renewable electricity which has reduced our carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 85%
- We have a goal to send zero waste to landfill by 2025, including a target of zero food waste to landfill by 2023
- We are the only supermarket that has never offered our customers single-use plastic bags
- We’ve committed to reducing a quarter of plastic and packaging across our own brand products by 2025
- We were the first supermarket to introduce a battery recycling scheme
- We recycle 96% of all the plastic packaging used in our stores
- We were the first retailer to ban all artificial colours from our products, storewide
- We are a proud partner of national charity, Camp Quality who are focused on helping kids facing cancer. As part of our partnership, we have committed to $1.5 million in donations over a three year period and aiming to raise additional funds via a range of fundraising initiatives.
- We’ve committed to selling only cage-free and free range eggs by 2025
- No ALDI branded product is tested on animals, and our contracts prohibit suppliers from doing so
- All of our fresh beef, lamb, and pork must comply with the Australian Livestock Processing Industry Animal Welfare Certification Scheme (AAWCS), which ensures superior animal welfare practices
- Our commitment to sourcing responsible tuna has been recognised as industry-leading
- We are the first Australian supermarket to power our operations with 100% renewable electricity. For more information, click on the Renewable Electricity tile below.
We understand that there are no quick-fixes or shortcuts, and we are always looking for ways to improve. Our commitment to the highest standards of behaviour means that we will never sit still. We’re constantly working towards ambitious targets and are proud of what we’ve achieved so far to make ALDI better for everyone.
To read about our Corporate Responsibility projects in more detail please click here.