Rules for using our social media pages
The ALDI Australia Facebook page and other social media pages are here for you to use and enjoy, however in order to keep these forums fair and safe we ask that all users follow the below rules:
We ask that user’s don’t:
• Abuse, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others
• Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information
• Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the user owns or controls the rights, or has received all necessary consents
• Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software, or, programs that may damage the operation of someone else’s computer
• Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded
• Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
• Advertise products or services on this page
• Post or upload links to external websites
Whilst we'd like to see your comments, photos, videos and posts, we reserve the right to remove any user content that is offensive, off-topic or inappropriate and we ask that all users respect the rules. We also ask that users treat others as they would like to be treated. Failure to comply with these rules will result in user content being removed and users being banned from our page.
We also ask users to consider the content of the information they are intending to share before they upload it to ALDI Australia’s social media pages. Once it has been uploaded, the content will be in the public domain, and become the property of ALDI Australia. Users should check their personal Facebook profile settings to protect their identity and personal information.
ALDI Australia - Social Media User Terms
These user terms apply to your use of ALDI’s social media sites or facilities. In consideration of your use of, contribution to, and/or participation in and of ALDI’s owned and/or managed social media resources/accounts/presences, or the ability to contribute content to ALDI’s social media, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Contributions of Material
1. You are responsible for the content of all material that you contribute to ALDI social media, including text, images, photos and videos (Material).
2. You must ensure that all your Material was created by you and that you own all intellectual property rights in it.
3. You also promise that your Material will not contain anything that is obscene, defamatory, offensive, or otherwise illegal (either in itself or when placed on ALDI’s social media).
4. In addition, you must ensure that your Material:
a) Does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person and does not breach any obligations of confidentiality;
b) Contains no spam or other commercial, advertising, marketing or promotional content or links or information that would facilitate the sale or purchase of products or services;
c) Contains no personal information or passwords, or the personal details of third parties such as phone numbers, mail or email addresses;
d) Is not threatening, harassing, spiteful or abusive;
e) Is not indecent or sexual or pornographic in nature, does not include gratuitous swearing or profanity and does not vilify, insult or humiliate any person or group (including, without limitation, on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability);
f) Contains nothing which is unduly provocative (including, without limitation, flaming, trolling or otherwise hostile content) or which is false, misleading or deceptive; or
g) Contains no computer viruses or other computer files or code that adversely affects the operation of ALDI's computer systems or any equipment linked to them.
If your Material contains images (either photographs or videos) you must obtain the consent of any person featured or identifiable in the images before contributing that Material to ALDI’s social media.
When contributing to ALDI’s social media you must not impersonate any other person. You must not use ALDI’s social media in a manner that adversely affects the use of enjoyment by any person of ALDI’s social media.
Dealing with your Material
1. You will continue to own the intellectual property rights in your Material. You give ALDI irrevocable permission to use your Material in any way (including changing, adapting, reproducing or communicating your Material to the public) without charge and without any right of attribution to you and to allow others to use it in the same way.
2. At any time and in its sole discretion and without notice to you, ALDI may refuse to include your Material in ALDI’s social media, remove all or part of your Material from ALDI’s social media, edit your Material or terminate one or more of ALDI's social media or your access to them.
Liability relating to social media and your Material
1. Inclusion of your Material on ALDI’s social media does not indicate any approval of your Material by ALDI, its related bodies corporate, suppliers or commercial partners. <
2. ALDI does not endorse, approve or authorise any material (including your Material) on its social media and you acknowledge that the material on ALDI’s social media may not be accurate, complete, up to date or useful and that you should not rely upon it.
3. You acknowledge and agree that ALDI is not responsible for, and does not check the content or accuracy of, any material (including your Material) on ALDI's social media. You also agree that to the extent permitted by law ALDI, its related bodies corporate and contractors will have no liability to you of any kind (including, without limitation, direct and consequential losses) under any circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence) in connection with ALDI's social media, your Material or any other material on those social media.
4. If you breach these terms or laws relating to your use of ALDI's social media or your Material, you will indemnify ALDI against any third party claims, losses, damages or costs suffered or incurred by ALDI in connection with your breaches.
5. Your use of ALDI’s social media, and your contribution of Material to them, is at your own risk.
6. ALDI does not represent or warrant that its social media or any of the material on its social media will operate for any minimum period of time, will be free of computer viruses, or have any particular audience, availability, service levels or other characteristics.
7. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes any non-excludable rights you may have or non-excludable terms that may be implied under State or Commonwealth laws including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). These terms will be construed subject to those non-excludable rights and terms.
1. ALDI may vary these terms from time to time. You should check for variations periodically.
3. These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
In these terms:
ALDI’s social media includes any social media websites or facilities established, authorised or operated by or on behalf of ALDI, including online forums created within Facebook or Twitter, blogs, apps, emulators, simulators, and online polls.