Giving you the chance to win fantastic products and prizes
The Peoples Picks 2023 Promotion
The Peoples Picks 2023 Promotion
Winners of the 2023 People’s Picks have now been announced. Find out more at https://www.aldi.com.au/en/about-aldi/peoples-picks/
Click to view full Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is ALDI Stores (A Limited Partnership) (ABN 90 196 565 019) of 1 Sargents Road, Minchinbury, NSW 2770, telephone 13 25 34 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, SA and WA residents, aged 18 years and over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 30/08/2023 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 13/09/2023 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Visit voting.aldi.com.au (“Competition Site”);
- Select next to start the survey. Each survey question will feature a list of ALDI products that fit within a category;
- As part of the survey, individuals must select their favourite ALDI product listed within the category. Individuals must complete all the survey questions to receive one (1) entry;
- Input their requested personal details including their full name, valid email address, year of birth and residential Postcode;
- Agree to these Terms and Conditions by checking the appropriate box; and then
- Submit the fully completed online entry form.
7. Only one (1) entry permitted per person regardless of the number of surveys completed in excess of one (1).
8. Entrants agree that by submitting an entry into this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to use (and publish) their first name, last name, and State in accordance with clause 20,. In addition to any use outlined in clause 28, the entrant will also have the opportunity to opt-in at the time of entry to receive the ALDI newsletters and agree to ALDI using their data for marketing purposes.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, G13, 3 Amy Close, North Wyong NSW 2259 at 11:00am AEST on 15/09/2023. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.aldi.com.au/en/about-aldi/peoples-picks/ from 10/10/2023.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will each win one (1) $1,000 ALDI Gift Card.
15. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming an ALDI gift card are not included. Any unused balance of an ALDI gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of an ALDI gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the ALDI voucher.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw, if for any reason a winner does not take and/or redeem the prize at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
17. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18.Total prize pool value is $10,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 10/11/2023 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days and their names will be published online at https://www.aldi.com.au/en/about-aldi/peoples-picks/ from 13/11/2023.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
ACT Permit No. TP23/ 01525, SA Permit No. T23/ 1174